A homeowner’s insurance policy will provide funds to repair or replace your home and personal property, if they are damaged in an unforeseen event. If you are looking for homeowners insurance in Huntington, TX, there is a lot to consider. Besides basic coverage, you will want to consider optional coverage for unanticipated losses. Your Integra Insurance Services agent can help provide information or quotes on the best options for your policy.
Texas Homeowners Insurance
Most homeowner’s policies in Huntington, TX contain one or more of these coverages:
- Dwelling covers your home in case of damage.
- Personal property pays for household good, such as furniture, appliances, clothes, that are stolen or damaged.
- Other structures pay to repair or rebuild detached garages, storage sheds, and fences.
- Loss of use pays your additional living expenses while your home is being repaired. (Usually less than 24 months of coverage.)
- Personal liability pays court costs and damages (if you are found legally responsible) for someone else’s personal injury of property damage that took place on your property.
- Medical payments pay the medical costs if someone is hurt on your property.
Types of Policies
The two types of policies sold in Texas are all-risk policies and named perils policies. All-risk policies (comprehensive coverage) give you broad coverage for any and all causes of loss, with specific exemptions. Named perils policies are narrower and more cost effective. They offer protection on named perils based on the policyholder’s elections. This gives you more control over your coverage but is less comprehensive than all-risk policies.
Talk to your Integra Insurance Services agent for more information on how to get the coverage you need for your home.
Call us today at 800-655-2159 for more information on your Huntington, TX home insurance needs.