Required Commercial Insurance in Texas

When you own a business in Texas, there may be types of commercial insurance that you need to have. At least one type is mandated for certain businesses, so it’s best to know whether it pertains to your business. There are also many types of commercial insurance that you should have to protect your business, but the state doesn’t require that. Call Integra Insurance Services in Huntington, TX to get your commercial insurance policies.

Commercial Auto Insurance

When a Texas business owns a vehicle, it must have a commercial auto policy on it. This will mean that the policy can pay out if there is an accident. If you have only a personal policy on a vehicle owned by a business, you generally won’t pay anything in the event of an accident. You need to have certain types of liability coverage in your policy. These include property damage liability and bodily injury liability. Your policy must have specific amounts of this coverage, though you can add more than the minimum. The minimum amounts in Texas are pretty average among the states, but getting more coverage will mean you’re better protected if there’s a serious accident. If you own a Texas trucking company, other requirements will likely be for insuring your vehicles.

Other Types of Coverage

Unlike the other states, Texas doesn’t require its businesses to have worker’s comp insurance. However, for the protection of your company, it’s smart to have this for any number of employees you have. You may also need to get a cyber insurance policy or a general liability policy for your business. Better coverage brings more peace of mind and better resources if the worst happens.

Get Commercial Insurance Now

To start with your policies, call us now at Integra Insurance Services in Huntington, TX. 

Everything You Need to Know About Special Property Insurance

At Integra Insurance Services, serving the greater Huntington, TX area, we know many people aren’t familiar with special property insurance. Special property insurance is a specialized type of coverage that goes beyond standard homeowners or renters insurance. Here’s everything you need to know about special property insurance. 

What Is Special Property Insurance?

Special property insurance, often referred to as "scheduled personal property" or "inland marine insurance," is designed to protect high-value or unique items that standard insurance policies may not adequately cover. These items include valuable jewelry, fine art, collectibles, antiques, musical instruments, or even electronics.

Coverage Tailored to Your Needs

One of the key benefits of special property insurance is that it allows you to tailor coverage to your specific needs. Unlike standard policies with coverage limits for personal property, special property insurance provides coverage for the exact value of the items you list on the policy. This means you’ll have sufficient coverage for your high-value possessions.

Additional Protection for Unique Items

Certain items, such as heirlooms, rare collectibles, or one-of-a-kind pieces, may be irreplaceable. Special property insurance can provide additional protection, including coverage for accidental damage, loss, or theft, ensuring your unique possessions are safeguarded.

Special property insurance offers a customized solution for protecting your high-value and unique items. At Integra Insurance Services, serving the greater Huntington, TX area, we can help you tailor coverage to your specific needs and provide additional protection for irreplaceable possessions. This helps to provide peace of mind that your valuable belongings are adequately insured. If you have items of significant worth, it’s worth considering special property insurance to ensure their protection. Call us now for an estimate.